Welcome, Dr. Tucker!
Today, July 1, is Dr. Tucker’s first official day as superintendent of DCSD.
Dr. Tucker’s Entry Plan Goals:
- Create a structure to listen and learn comprehensively about Douglas County School District and begin to cultivate trust and confidence through open communication.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Board of Education.
- Study in depth the District’s student performance status and review the financial condition of the system with Chief Financial Officer and the Board of Education.
- Promote a culture of excellence and continuous improvement with a focus on student achievement.
- Collaborate with the Board of Education: The superintendent must develop a trusting, positive and team-oriented relationship with individual Board of Education members and the Board of Education as a whole.
- Build Community Trust and Confidence via Factual and Transparent Communications: Create a structure for the superintendent to listen and learn about the Douglas County School District and begin to cultivate relationships, trust, and confidence through transparent communications.
- Review and Evaluate Student Achievement Data: It is important to become familiar with the systems and resources available to support student outcomes. To ensure student success, data analysis and instruction decision-making must be consistent throughout the district.
- Develop Highly-Functioning Executive Team (Cabinet/Senior Staff): It is essential to have a highly-functioning executive team. It is critically important for the new superintendent to “hit the ground running” in creating professional relationships with his team.