Dear Mr. Fish (DCSD Director of 21st Century Learning and Leadership Middle Level)
We are writing in response to your July 6th email (RHMS Letter to Community) addressing the Rocky Heights Middle School community. As a group, we would like to express our disappointment with how employee advancement has been handled among our school administrators.
Our principal was placed in a new district-level Human Resources position, while two assistant principals were moved into principal positions, all within the last six weeks. By simultaneously moving all three positions, plus the resignation of our fourth administrator, our students and their teachers are now left with no school leadership, a month before the new school year is to begin.
As a result, we would like to hold a meeting at the school the week of July 20, so our community can discuss the following with you:
- Why was Mr. Loitz promoted the final week of school, without a plan in place for his replacement?
- Why is Mr. Loitz not being held back as the Principal, until a sufficient replacement can be found?
- Why are both AP’s being moved at the same time, to schools that currently have some degree of administrative support?
- What level of support was given to Mr. Winter when he was the sole administrator this past month? What would you change moving forward, with respect to a brand-new administrative team coming into RHMS?
- Why were parents, the SAC, and the community, not involved in the interview and hiring process of these positions up to this point?
- What is your staffing plan, in detail, over the next 12 months for RHMS?
Please reply at your earliest convenience with a date and time for this meeting to take place. Thank you for your time and attention to this crisis.
The RHMS Community
(to add your name individually, please email Patti Hickey)